Prerequisite Admission Requirements
2 Year Olds:
- Must be able to listen to an adult and respond
- Somewhat able to follow simple directions
- Learn respect for others
3 Year Olds:
Listen to adults
Follow simple directions
Begin making choices for work
Clean up after self
Sit when asked
New first level Elementary Students entering Montessori
• Students must exhibit independent care of self.
• Student should be able to clean up after themselves.
• Student should know full name, parent names, address and parent phone number.
• Students must be able to work independently on a chosen task for ten to fifteen minutes.
• Students should recognize and have a working knowledge of the twenty-six individual alphabet sounds.
• Student should be able to blend at least ten three letter words.
• Student should recognize at last ten to fifteen sight words
• Student should be able to count to fifty and recognize number to numeral relationship to twenty.
4 Year Olds:
- Sit in groups
- Listen to adults
- Respect Others
- Obey playground/classroom rules
- Follow directions
- Begin responsibility for themselves
- Chose work and stay with it until complete
*Additional requirements for advanced levels (Call to speak with an elementary staff member for more information.)