The Primary Program
Ages three to six (Kindergarten)
HMA primary students learn:
- self discovery for future learning
- creating order within their work
- the use of the five senses to understand the world around them
- development of math, language/reading, geography, and practical life skills
- how to begin thinking in a more abstract way within their studies
- the care of others and respect for their community
progression of reading.
Aristotle once said, "Nothing gets to the intellect but first it must go through the senses." And you know what? Nature has not changed!!
Our reading program is a true example of this philosophy.
Learning the things necessary for the PRACTICAL side of LIFE.
How does learning to prepare food help a child's development?
Montessori education builds confidence and self-control in the child.