The Elementary Program
The students proceed in learning at their own pace; nothing can hold them back in a classroom full of exciting things to explore and encourage them. Freeing children to learn is one of the wonderful characteristics of HMA.
Language in the Elementary Class
- Processes for meaningful reading and effective writing
- Learning and utilizing all parts of speech
- In depth vocabulary enrichment
- Many opportunities for public speaking.
Math in the Elementary Class
- Continuing the use of hands on material that helps children develop a deep understanding of advanced mathematics
- Based on scientific child development
The Cultural Subjects:
- Science comes alive with real world experiments and demonstrations in physical, biological, and chemical sciences
- Study of the Earth through histroical, ecological, political, and geological prisms that give children a rich understanding
- Children learn to respect the Earth, all living creatures and the Earth itself
- Cooperation and respect are the cornerstone of Montessori
Children excel when you give them:
- A reason to learn
- A reason to read
- A reason to set goals
- A reason to challenge
Learn how a Montessori education can build confidence and self-control in your child.